Controversial YouTuber Logan Paul appeared on the “True Geordie” podcast Monday.
He said Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson cut ties with him after Paul filmed a corpse in 2017.
Johnson and Paul filmed several videos together before Paul got involved in the controversy.
Controversial influencer Logan Paul said in a podcast Monday that wrestler and actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson cut ties with him in 2017 after Paul response received for filming a corpse in Japan.
The YouTuber said the fallout with Johnson was “one of the saddest moments” of his life.
Paul, who has 23.5 million YouTube subscribers, appeared as a guest on the “True Geordie” podcast, hosted by the YouTuber Brian Davis, known as True Geordie. In the episode, Paul said he was once friends with Johnson and the couple filmed several videos and skits together on Paul’s YouTube channel in 2017.
In December 2017, Paul posted a videowhich has since been removed, which showed a corpse in Japan’s Aokigahara forest, stir controversy† Paul said on the podcast that he and Johnson shared a publicist, who told Paul after the video that Johnson “wanted nothing to do with him.”
“After Japan happened, I clearly found myself in a hole, rightly so, that I had never been in before, extremely low mentally, and I got a call from my publicist, who also represented Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, and they is like, “Hey, Dwayne asked you to delete all the photos and videos you took with him,” Paul said.
The YouTuber went on to say that while he understood he had made a “grotesque mistake”, he still wished Johnson had called or texted him instead of communicating through his publicist.
“I thought we had a healthy relationship, an open line of communication, and I was so sad that my hero didn’t want anything to do with me,” he said.
Paul said Johnson contacted him about three months ago via private messages on Instagram, “as if nothing ever happened,” to say that he thought one of Paul’s Instagram videos was funny. Paul said he didn’t respond to Johnson’s message, but still thinks the actor is “amazing”.
Johnson representatives did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
In January 2018, Paul tweeted an apology on the video, which has come to be known as the ‘suicide forest’ video, which reads: “With great power comes great responsibility…for the first time in my life, I regret to say that I have misused that power. It will not happen again.”
Paul several deals with brands and advertisers lost in the wake of the controversy, but has regained popularity on social media, continues to post YouTube videos, and recently launched a line of sports drinks called First Hydration with British YouTuber KSI.
After competitive in boxing matches against YouTubers and athletes, Paul made his wrestling debut in April at WrestleMania, an annual pay-per-view event hosted by the WWE network. Paul fought in a tag team match with WWE superstar The Miz, winning against father-son duo Rey and Dominik Mysterio.
Johnson began his career as a WWE wrestler in 1996 and left in 2004 to pursue acting† Since then, he has starred in several films with artists such as Kevin Hart and Mark Wahlberg. He also posts fitness and lifestyle content on his Youtube Channelwhich has 6 million subscribers.
Read the original article Insider